We have received the draft results from the Bradgate Park XC – posted to the Cross Country page.
The race information from Roadhoggs for the Bradgate Park XC on Sunday 9th December is now on our Cross Country page. New course this year by the look of it.
Seniors results for Derby Runner XC League, race 2 at Holly Hayes (18 Nov 2018) are now posted to the Cross Country page. Juniors results to follow when we get them.
I have just uploaded the results from the Launde XC race to our Cross Country 2018/19 page.
Race details from Hermitage Harriers for the upcoming race on 18th November are now on the Cross Country 2018/19 page.
Team photo and cake photo from the cross country race at Launde Farm today.
Just a reminder to everyone that you have the opportunity for a cross country race at Launde Farm this Sunday. For those new to the club I thought I would explain how it all works. Unlike most races, you don’t wear a number and there is no chip timing. Instead, everyone just lines up at the start and you get given a number token at the finish (a bit like parkrun). You then hold on to your token and bring it to whoever from our club collating our results, which is usually Kate our XC rep.
The course for this first race is advertised about 5 miles (the distance is never exact so don’t be surprised if your Garmin says 4.5 or 5.5 at the end….)
All you have to do is bring your money (cash please, £6 for this race) and running kit. Best to have trail shoes with a grippy sole. The rules say everyone must wear the club colours (i.e. club vest/tshirt).
Another important rule is “no jumping the queue” at stiles or gates.
– The “changing facilities” will consist of our club tent in a field. Best to come layered up with your race kit already on underneath. There will be toilets though.
– Speaking of the club tent, that’s where you can keep your bags etc. during the race.
– Bring warm layers, as we will be hanging around outside for some time and it might be cold.
– You might well end the race muddy so you may want to bring a small towel to wipe the mud off you (so prob not your best bath towel…), and a plastic bag to put any muddy stuff in to take home.
– Bring a mug as we will have hot water urns and tea/coffee. I think there may be cake too (feel free to bring some….)
– Bring a sense of humor and a sense of adventure too
– Everyone in the club is welcome and encouraged to take part no matter how fast or slow.
– There are 30 clubs in the league from across Leicestershire and Derbyshire, so you will get to meet loads of other runners from the region. The league itself consists of both a club competition with league tables, and individuals competition including age group categories.
– Parking is always limited at XC races and car sharing is the norm, minimum 3 to a car is required by most of the organisers to be allowed in the car park. (See our car share post in the event below.)
– Aim to get to the venue before 10am to allow time to prepare, warm up etc. The juniors race will be at 10:15 and the seniors race at 11am. Our juniors would love your support during their race too.
– Also don’t forget the clocks go back overnight before the race.
Club members can co-ordinate car sharing in our Facebook event which you can find here: https://www.facebook.com/events/328393117965650/
Don’t worry if you can’t make this weekend’s race, there are plenty more XC races from now until March. You can do as many or as few as you like. The full list of dates is here on our website here: https://hinckleyrunningclub.com/results/xc-2018-19/
Hope to see you there!
Here is the race info for the upcoming XC race at Bosworth Battlefield Visitor Center on Sunday 11th March:
This is the last race of the 2017/18 season and is hosted by Hinckley Running Club. League prizes will be give out after the race at the Plough Inn, Hinckley. Full details in the PDF.
The 2017/18 Derby Runner XC League is almost at a close, with one race to go. The individuals results have been sent out and here they are: Individual tables (xls)
This season the individuals tables are based on the best four results from the first five races. Here are the Hinckley runners who have achieved placings in the results:
Rich Whitelegg – 54 pts – 2nd V45 Male
Nick Moore – 198 pts – 21st Senior Male
Steve Tampin – 423 pts – 8th V45 Male
Matthew Jordan – 1049 pts – 26th V45 Male
Jonathan Richardson – 1240 pts – 23rd V50 Male
Kate Perkins – 64 pts – 11th Senior Femals
Bethan Padbury – 79 pts – 3rd U20 Female
Jenny Green – 150 pts – 17th Senior Female
Céline Guéry – 203 pts – 23rd Senior Female
Congratulations to all the above and to all the others who have taken part in any amount of the XC races this year.