Last updated and checked: March 2022.
This page is intended to be helpful to prospective members and new members of the club. See also our About Us page.
Where and when do you meet?
Every week Tuesday 6.30pm we have a coached training session. There is no fixed location and we meet all over Hinckley and Burbage, in a different place each week. On Thursdays at 6.30pm we meet in Hinckley town centre for our social run. (For more info see the About Us page, under Weekly Training Sessions.)
Races vary through the year but typically are on Sunday mornings.
Are you currently accepting new members?
How do I join, and how much does it cost to join the club?
The prices and application form are here: Join the Club
Can I come along to a training session to try it out before joining?
Yes! We ask you first to fill in in a membership form for a free 3 week trial membership. We will then invite you to our Facebook group where you can find out about all the training sessions and come along.
I’d like to join the club but I would not be able to attend all the training nights and races. Can I still join?
Yes absolutely. Everybody in the club has different lives, work and family schedules. Our Tuesday and Thursday nights are completely optional, as are races. Some members go to almost every session and others go to only a few or not at all.
I like running but I don’t know if I’m fast enough to join a running club.
It is a common misconception that running clubs are only for fast runners. At Hinckley Running Club we have members of all speeds and all ages. If you like to run, you will fit right in no matter how fast you go.
How old do I have to be?
The minimum age to train with the senior club (unaccompanied by a responsible adult) is 16. See also Juniors.
What are the benefits of being a member of Hinckley Running Club?
- Become a part of a supportive and enthusiastic local running community in Hinckley.
- Opportunity for coached training sessions every Tuesday evening (all optional).
- Group social runs every Thursday evening (again optional).
- Access to our members-only Facebook group where we organise group runs, plan events and car sharing, ask advice, and share successes.
- Take part in Cross Country races in the winter months — fun and low cost events only available to running club members.
- Take part in the Leicestershire Road Running League — road events from 5 miles to Half Marathon.
- Social events though the year including annual awards presentation night.
- Opportunity for you to become a qualified running coach, with England Athletics training courses funded by the club.
- Opportunity to get involved in the organsing of the club by taking on a role on the the committe.
- Discounts for club members – currently we have the following discount via a special discount code:
- sportsshoes.com : 10% off all orders (you need to ask Rich Guest for the discount code as it is not on the web or social media!)
- Get to proudly wear the HRC club vest!
What is England Athletics and what are the benefits of EA affiliation?
- Entry discounts (minimum £2) on UK Athletics licenced races.
- Entry to events exclusively available to registered athletes – particularly track and field and cross country events, which are only open to registered athletes.
- Receive news, offers and discounts from England Athletics.
- Support to EA’s work in developing the sport of running.
I have a different question…
Please use our Contact page and ask away! Or speak to any of us at a club event.